Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Europe
I have just started doing Pa work for a friend but I fear some of my emails may seem unprofessional....I really don't want to sound like I am just my friends mate helping out. Heres my first challenge....I need to arrange some meetings for her....could you help me make my email sound better? Heres all I want to say....

Hi (name)

Jenny has requested I contact you to set up a meeting between the pair of you.

Are you free the afternoon of Wednesday 6th March?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help.

I have just started doing [STRIKE]Pa[/STRIKE] PA (Personal Assistant) work for a friend but I fear some of my emails may seem unprofessional. I really don't want to sound like I am just my friend's mate helping out. Here's my first challenge - I need to arrange some meetings for her. Could you help me make my email sound better? Here's [STRIKE]all[/STRIKE] what I want to say.

Hi (name)

[STRIKE]Jenny has requested I contact you to set up a meeting between the pair of you.[/STRIKE]
I am contacting you in order to set up a meeting between you and Jenny + surname.

[STRIKE]Are you free the afternoon of Wednesday 6th March? [/STRIKE]
We propose a meeting during the afternoon of Wednesday 6th March. Would that be convenient for you?
I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

See above for my amendments to your email and to the rest of your post. Don't join sentences with a series of dots. A single, appropriate punctuation mark suffices at the end of each sentence. If you want to an ellipsis (three dots with a space at each end), you can learn about their usage on a number of punctuation websites.

"Would that be convenient (for) you?"

Are the dative words "to" and "for" interchangable in the above clause?

Thanks

Edit: I think they are in fact both valid but is there a preferred choice between the two.

Last edited:
I prefer "for" after "convenient".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back