can someone correct if one's sees any mistakes in my introduction???thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elize25000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
I am optimistic about the future, we will still face a number of challenges, and we have to do our best to deal with our identities to be able to cope with others, be white, black, jew, muslim, or hindu or whatever, because I agree like Aimé Césaire that:‘‘ it is good to place different civilizations in contact with each other; that whatever its own particular genius may be, a civilization that withdraws into itself atrophies; that for civilizations, exchange is oxygen…”1

I am optimistic about the future. We will still face a number of challenges, and we will have to do our best to deal with our identities to be able to cope with others, be they white, black, Jew, Muslim, [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] Hindu or whatever, because I agree with Aimé Césaire that: ‘‘it is good to place different civilizations in contact with each other; that whatever its own particular genius may be, a civilization that withdraws into itself atrophies; that for civilizations, exchange is oxygen…”

I am not sure what you mean by 'deal with our identities'.

to know ourselves better? does it make sense or should I change it?

thanks !

I prefer 'know ourselves better'.

Rover

I am optimistic about the future. We will still face a number of challenges, and we will have to do our best to deal with our identities, to know ourselves better in order to be able to cope with others, be they black or white, because I agree with Aimé Césaire that:‘‘ it is good to place different civilizations in contact with each other; that whatever its own particular genius may be, a civilization that withdraws into itself atrophies; that for civilizations, exchange is oxygen…”

Is this better now? it s the last paragraph of my paper and i wan it to be good ;-) thanks a lot!

Yes.

Repunctuate this bit:
I agree with Aimé Césaire that ‘‘it is good....

Rover

I wanna change few things actually! Tell me if it is grammatically correct! THANKS

I am optimistic about the future. Maybe one reason why I am optimistic is because I have just come back from Brazil. Brazil has its problems and racism does exist in Brazil like everywhere you go, but its people, however, do not discriminate. There are so many different religions, different cultures, traditions, so many types of skin's color. It is a very diverse and cosmopolitan place where differences are completely accepted, where people tend to be very curious and interested in strangers. We definitevely have lots of things to learn from it.

Concerning Europe, and particularly England, it will still face a number of challenges, and we will have to do our best to deal with our identities, to know ourselves better in order to be able to cope with others, be they black or white, from different cultures or religions, because I agree with Aimé Césaire that ‘‘ it is good to place different civilizations in contact with each other; that whatever its own particular genius may be, a civilization that withdraws into itself atrophies; that for civilizations, exchange is oxygen…”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back