[Vocabulary] Can I say " I want to put my suggestions forward for the person whom..

Status
Not open for further replies.

saloom2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Hello everyone,

I want to use "Put forward" more competently, so am I doing well in that sentence?

* Because I am the head of the students, I would like to put my suggestions forward for the person whom I would like to invite. ( An Essay about inviting a famous person to give a speech in our school)

Last edited:
Why isn't there any response?

(Not a Teacher)

Here's my take:

"As student head (meaning head of the student body), I would like to put my suggestions forward for whom we should invite."

You used "put forward" correctly, I just thought I'd make the sentence a little shorter and more to the point.

Hello everyone,

I want to use "Put forward" more competently, so am I doing well in that sentence?

* Because I am the head of the students, I would like to put my suggestions forward for the person whom I would like to invite. ( An Essay about inviting a famous person to give a speech in our school)

In AmE and in that context I think you would more often hear "present" or "offer" rather than "put forward".

Why isn't there any response?
If that's your reaction when people happen to be a little too busy to voluntarily give up their free time as fast as you would like, you may find that you get even fewer responses.

I'm so sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back