Status
Not open for further replies.

Martz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thanks in advance to everyone :)

Here's the task:
GLOBAL MUSIC SHOPS

We are looking for people to wotk in our international music shops for three months in the summer.
- Are you interested in music?
- Do you have any useful experience?
- Is your level of English good?
Apply to the manager, Mr Boston.

Dear Mr Boston,
I have seen your advertisement in a magazine, and I am writing to apply for a job in your music shop.
I am a 17-year-old student from Italy, and I have just finished school. I have always had a particular interest in music, especially Jazz. Therefore, I have a fairly good knowledge of it. Besides, I worked in a music shop similar to yours for a year, while studying in high school.
I guess this could be a useful experience. Moreover, since I have good English skills either in writing and speaking I think I meet the requirements for this job.
In fact, I have just taken the Cambridge First Certificate exam, where I was awarded the highest mark.
I attach my resume to prove what is written above.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,

M.V.

A few suggestions:

Dear Mr Boston,
I have seen your advertisement in a magazine, and I am writing to apply for a job in your music shop.
I am a 17-year-old student from Italy, and I have just finished school. I have always had a particular interest in music, especially Jazz. Therefore, I have a fairly good knowledge of it. Besides, I worked in a music shop similar to yours for a year, while studying in high school and gained useful knowledge about music and the music-selling business.
[STRIKE]I guess this could]be a useful experience.[/STRIKE] Moreover, since I have good English skills [STRIKE]either[/STRIKE] both in writing and speaking, I [STRIKE]think[/STRIKE]am confident that I meet the requirements for this job.
In fact, I have just taken the Cambridge First Certificate exam, where I was awarded the highest mark.
I attach my resume to [STRIKE]prove what is written above[/STRIKE] support my qualifications.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back