Cab driver picks me and takes me in the opposite direction than I should be travellin

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Our office cab driver picks me and takes me in the opposite direction than I should be travelling in. The people who should be picked up first get picked up after me from the office cab. There are four people in my office cab and I am the first to be picked up.

Please check my sentences.

Are you saying the cab driver picks you up and takes you in the wrong direction?

The way that is phrased suggests that it happens regularly.

Tufguy, when you use too many words it can be confusing. That's why I have to ask questions sometimes. I am not sure what you are saying.

(I think I have suggested a couple of times that you write shorter sentences.)

Tufguy, when you use too many words it can be confusing. That's why I have to ask questions sometimes. I am not sure what you are saying.

(I think I have suggested a couple of times that you write shorter sentences.)

Are my sentences totally wrong?

Our office cab driver picks me and takes me in the opposite direction than I should be travelling in. The people who should be picked up first get picked up after me from the office cab. There are four people in my office cab and I am the first to be picked up.

Please check my sentences.

Are my sentences totally wrong?

There are grammatical errors, they're awkward, they're unclear and there's far too much repetition. It's really difficult to just do my usual corrections, so I'm simply going to rewrite the whole thing so you can see what a more natural version from a native speaker looks like. Also, I'm going to assume this happened just once so I'm going to use the simple past.

Every day, I am taken to work by cab, [and it's] paid for by the company. Yesterday, the cab driver picked me up and started driving in the wrong direction! It turned out he had picked us up in the wrong order. I should be the last of four employees to be collected [every day] but yesterday he picked me up first!

Every day, I am taken to work by cab, [and it's] paid for by the company. Yesterday, the cab driver picked me up and started driving in the wrong direction! It turned out he had picked us up in the wrong order. I should be the last of four employees to be collected [every day] but yesterday he picked me up first!

Tufguy, is that it?

I think he is trying to write a complaint that this is what happens every day. That the route taken is not logical. I imagine he wants to write to his bosses and ask them to re-route the shared cab.

Soothing Dave, you could be right. We will have to wait for the OP to respond. Until then we can't be certain.

I think he is trying to write a complaint that this is what happens every day. That the route taken is not logical. I imagine he wants to write to his bosses and ask them to re-route the shared cab.

Yes, it happens every day.

OK. Then you might say in your email:

It's a continuing problem.

And so forth.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back