Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Do my sentences sound natural?

Bob and Antonia separated after five years - the decision that made them both feel miserable. They were strong-willed and quarrelsome, and their marriage was a roller coaster. Periods of passionate love would suddenly turn into hatred for no apparent reason. They could fondle each other for hours, and then the next couple of days, they hated to come near each other and slept in separate beds. But despite everything, the bond between them was so strong that it seemed that only death could break it.

Their separation led to depression. They regretted it already after a few days, but out of pride refused to admit it. They looked at their phones, hoping for a call, but when it did not happen, they were wretched and thought that life was meaningless.
Who knows what would have happened if they had not bumped into each other on the street one day, and Bob swallowed his pride and said, "I missed you so much." To which Antonia replied, "I missed you so much too," and fell into his arms.

Do my sentences sound natural?

Bob and Antonia separated after five years - [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a decision that made them both [STRIKE]feel[/STRIKE] miserable. They were strong-willed and quarrelsome, and their marriage [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] had been a roller coaster. [STRIKE]Periods of[/STRIKE] Passionate love would suddenly turn into hatred for no apparent reason. They could fondle each other for hours, and then, in/over the next couple of days, [STRIKE]they hated[/STRIKE] hate to come near each other and [STRIKE]slept[/STRIKE] would sleep in separate beds. But despite everything, the bond between them was so strong that it seemed [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] only death could break it.

Their separation led to depression for both of them. They regretted it [STRIKE]already[/STRIKE] after a few days no comma here but, out of pride, refused to admit it. They each looked at their phones, hoping for a call from the other, but when it did not happen, they [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] felt wretched and thought that life was meaningless.

Who knows what would have happened if they had not bumped into each other on the street one day, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] when Bob swallowed his pride and said, "I missed you so much", to which Antonia replied, "I missed you so much too," and fell into his arms?

emsr2d2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back