Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi guys,

We used to board office cab at 9 but from monday onwards we have to board at 8. So what can we say, "Our boarding time is going to be early from monday onwards"?

We don't "Board" a car usually.
Monday starts with a capital letter.
Starting Monday, we have to catch the cab an hour earlier.

So, do we use "Board" for trains, plains etc only. we can't say I boarded a taxi, car or autoricksha. So what can we say.

So, do we use "Board" for trains, plains etc only. we can't say I boarded a taxi, car or autoricksha. So what can we say.

Please edit your post for correct capitalisation and punctuation.

In post #2, Barb has told you that we can "catch" a cab, which is quite natural in your context. We also "get into" a car or taxi. I imagine we would do the same with an autoricksha.

I imagine we put a "w" on the end of "autorickshaw."

All of my Indian friends "take an autorickshaw", tufguy.

I am not a teacher.

As for the part of your question about the time being changed from 9 o'clock to 8 o'clock, we would normally say that the (boarding) time has been "brought forward".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back