Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

-Besides sometimes, Kevin waited outside of my house, or outside the any place where I was. He would stand still and stare at me. and looked at me like as if he wanted to say something, without chasing me while I was walking as he usually did. But in his eyes you could see something tht was not right. Maybe with a normal person I could think about talk to him for the last time and end all this madness to finally close the chapter so he could go on with his life. But I realized that he was a person who was definitely not normal and would never understand.

-So,what you are telling me, is that Kevin acted like your doormat, he was obsessed with you, and after you broke his heart, he didn`t take it well?"

Thanks.

What are you trying to express with "Besides sometimes"? It's not natural.

A doormat and a stalker are two very different things.

-Besides what I said, sometimes, Kevin waited outside of my house, or outside the any place where I was. He would stand still and stare at me. and looked at me like as if he wanted to say something, without chasing me while I was walking as he usually did. But in his eyes you could see something tht was not right. Maybe with a normal person I could think about talk to him for the last time and end all this madness to finally close the chapter so he could go on with his life. But I realized that he was a person who was definitely not normal and would never understand.

-So,what you are telling me, is that first Kevin acted like your doormat, and then he was obsessed with you, and after you broke his heart, he didn`t take it well?"

Is that grammatically correct?
Thanks.

-[STRIKE]Besides what I said,[/STRIKE] Also, sometimes (no comma here) Kevin waited outside [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] my house, or outside [STRIKE]the any place[/STRIKE] anywhere I was. He would stand still and stare at me (no full stop here) and [STRIKE]looked[/STRIKE] look at me [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] as if he wanted to say something, but without chasing me while I was walking as he usually did. But in his eyes you could see something that was not right. Maybe [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] if he was a normal person I could think about talking to him for the last time and ending all this madness to finally close the chapter so he could go on with his life. But I realized that he was a person who was definitely not normal and would never understand.

-So (no comma here) what you are telling me (no comma here) is that at first Kevin acted like your doormat, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] then he [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] became obsessed with you (no comma here) and, [STRIKE]after[/STRIKE] when you broke his heart, he didn't take it well?"

See above.

Nikitus, what you describe are the actions of a stalker. A doormat is somebody who (metaphorically) lets you walk all over him. That is not what I see being described here.

Please note carefully the corrections offered by Ems. They should be quite helpful.

You need to work on making your writing more understandable.

I don't think it's unreasonable to say that at first he was a doormat but later on he became a stalker.

I don't think it's unreasonable to say that at first he was a doormat but later on he became a stalker.

Yes, she uses the word doormat, but the actions she describes are inconsistent with that personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back