Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi sir,My name is AKBAR BASHA.I Have seen a movie.It is a Telugu movie.In that movie I Observed a statement.That is 'Beauty not admired is a sin'. instead of 'not admiring beauty is a sin'.what my doubt is can we use the first statement instead of 2nd one.

Welcome to the forum.
[STRIKE]Hi sir,[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. In any case, not all responders are male.

[STRIKE]My name is AKBAR BASHA[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. We can see your username. I have seen a movie.[space after a full stop] It is a

Telugu movie.[space] In that movie I [STRIKE]Observed[/STRIKE] heard this statement: [STRIKE]That is[/STRIKE] 'Beauty not admired is a

sin', instead of 'not admiring beauty is a sin'.[space] [STRIKE]what my doubt[/STRIKE] is[/STRIKE] Can we use the first statement instead of the second one?
They do not mean the same.

The first statement changes the meaning completely and makes the beauty sinful if no one admires it, rather than placing the blame on those who fail to appreciate it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back