bautiful/beautifully

• Thread starter allthewayanime
  • Start date
  • Views : 1,922
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

allthewayanime

Which is the right way to say the following sentences?

It's beautiful decorated or It's beautifully decorated
This painting was beautiful decorated(by him) or This painting was beautifully decorated (by him)

I think that the adjective is the right choice in both of them because to be is a linking verb , but I am not sure.

You should use beautifully as the main function of an adverb is to describe ADjectives or VERBS (AD+VERBS). In this case decorated works as an adjective.

It's beautifully decorated.
Her hair is beautifully done.
The food was beautifully served.

Hope it helps.

This painting was beautiful decorated(by him) or This painting was beautifully decorated (by him)

I think that the adjective is the right choice in both of them because to be is a linking verb , but I am not sure.

Thank you! One last thing is it correct to say : It's official or It's officially?

Actually you can say "It's beautiful decorated," for example, of a rather bare looking Christmas tree, meaning it's beautiful when decorated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back