At universities and colleges sports and social activities are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

misama

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
At universities and colleges sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support.

In the following essay I would like to express my opinion in regard to this: are sports and social activities as important as classes and libraries? There is no doubt that sports and social activities are one of the key factors in the life of people and specifically student’s life. University is a place that students spend their major time in there and so governments should pay more attention than other organizations. Although some people might believe that classes and libraries are important than sports, from my point of view sports are as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support. I would like to reinforce my opinion by three important reasons.
First and foremost, sport can relax students mind. Many students have much stress from all the assignments they have to complete, which could be harmful to their physical and psychological well-being. However, if universities allocate enough financial support to their sports or other social activities, their students will get relaxes and be encouraged to study harder when they are not playing. For example I always go to swimming after my classes because it makes me so relax and happy.

Hence, in addition to relaxation of students mind, universities can get many advantageous and benefits from these places. For instance when I was a student in Chicago, our university had a huge football stadium. They lent there for some professional football clubs and got much financial benefits.

Finally, some universities have sport courses for their sport students and as a result stadiums are very rudimentary demand of these students. I can recall my friend who studied volleyball in California University. They didn’t have volleyball gym in their university and they have to go to other gyms for playing that was so far away.

By way of conclusion, based on the arguments explored above, I’m of the opinion that in universities and colleges, sports and social activities are as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you are absolutely right dear!! You know last Monday my professor Dr. Aloke Ghosh gave a very nice speech on this same topic. I was really very inspired from his views. Well guys if you want free online consultation regarding studies than you may contact him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back