Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
UK
Please correct my mistakes.

As I was strolling around the park, I spotted a man with his family who were having an appetizing picnic. My attention was drawn to the fact that while his family were indulging in ordinary ham sandwiches and wearing sport clothes, the man was savoring what seemed a steakhouse meal with a glass of red wine. He was wearing a lounge suit. One doesn't typically stumble upon a formally-dressed person having a notoriously expensive and high-class meal in a park.

Please correct my mistakes.

As I was strolling through the park, I a man with his family who were having an appetizing picnic. My attention was drawn to the fact that while his family were indulging in ordinary ham sandwiches and wearing sport clothes, the man was savoring what seemed a steakhouse meal with a glass of red wine. He was wearing a lounge suit. One doesn't typically stumble upon a formally-dressed person having an [STRIKE]notoriously[/STRIKE] expensive and high-class meal in a park.

It does seen unlikely. But you made up that story anyhow, didn't you?
;-)

You might say his family was dressed casually while he was dressed in formal attire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fine with "around".

an expensive meal

I have moved your thread.

When you want your own writing to be edited or proofread, please post it here in Editing & Writing Topics.

I used to live near a park. You could walk around the park without going into the park.

In BrE, "wandering round/around the park" doesn't have to mean walking round the circumference. It just means "wandering in the park".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back