Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I don't mind that the party be attended.

The party isn't minded to be attended .

Are they right?

1- There is no chance for mistake.

2- There is no room for mistake

I don't mind that the party be attended.

The party isn't minded to be attended .

Are they right?

Neither works for me. It isn't clear what you mean- do you mean that you don't think many people will attend?

Neither works for me. It isn't clear what you mean- do you mean that you don't think many people will attend?

Thanks.
I wanted to say' I don't mind attending the party.'

I wanted to say it in different ways.

Hi nado,
You posted that question before. There's no way I can think of to change your original sentence and use the word "attended" to keep the same meaning. It's a bad question.

For your second post:
1- There is no chance for mistake. -- It's foolproof. You can't make a mistake. It's impossible to make a mistake.

2- There is no room for mistake. -- It must be done correctly. If you don't get it exactly right, it will fail.

Hi nado,
You posted that question before. There's no way I can think of to change your original sentence and use the word "attended" to keep the same meaning. It's a bad question.

peace be upon you.

thanks for everything.

Believe me ,this question was in one of the last year exams here in Egypt.
So I ' m trying hard to find any acceptable answer to it.

Thanks again

Okay - here's one: If it turns out that I attended the part, that would be okay.

Terrible, isn't it? It's a bad question!

Believe me ,this question was in one of the last year exams here in Egypt.
So I ' m trying hard to find any acceptable answer to it.
What was the question exactly?

Okay - here's one: If it turns out that I attended the part, that would be okay.

oh. It is really nice,
Thanks

Doesn't your sentence mean:
I don't mind having attended the party? (this sounds terrible by the way)
That's how I understand If it turns out that I attended the part, that would be okay.
As if you were drunk and weren't sure whether you had beed at the party or not.

It's the best I can do.

I don't know if I'm going to the party tonight. I might; I might not. It it turns out that tomorrow we are talking again, and I did go (I attended), that would be okay, because I don't mind going.

Maybe the simplier:
If we attended the party it would be OK.
I think the good thing about the original sentence is that it can mean many things (it doesn't specify who's attending and when - perhaps hypothetically?) so we have more room for transformations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back