Are subtitles of good quality here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way to verify the accuracy of the transcripts without listening to the corresponding words. Are you really asking us to listen to nearly 25 minutes of a conversation and verify the accuracy of every word?!?

Sorry, I don't have the time or inclination. I suggest you pick just a few excerpts you question, not the entire podcast!

There's no way to verify the accuracy of the transcripts without listening to the corresponding words. Are you really asking us to listen to nearly 25 minutes of a conversation and verify the accuracy of every word?!?

Sorry, I don't have the time or inclination. I suggest you pick just a few excerpts you question, not the entire podcast!
00:01:24

I would say stink bomb. But I went to a boys school where it just feels like Boris has dropped this stink bomb in the room and the smell just won't go away. And so even though we are now two prime ministers on from Boris Johnson, the after odor, the whiff is still there. And Nadhim Zahawi just feels like a throwback when you read that report from Rishi Sunak Ethics Advisor, you know, where on seven different counts, it looks like Nadhim Zahawi is guilty and there are no mitigating factors. It really left Rishi Sunak no choice. And I don't think he wanted to have a choice, frankly.

Is that episode correct?

00:01:24

I would say stink bomb - but I went to a boys school - where it just feels like Boris has dropped this stink bomb in the room and the smell just won't go away. And so even though we are we're now two prime ministers on from Boris Johnson, the after odor, the whiff, is still there. And Nadhim Zahawi just feels like a throwback. When you read that report from Rishi Sunak's Ethics Advisor, you know, where on seven different counts, it looks like Nadhim Zahawi is guilty and there are no mitigating factors, it really left Rishi Sunak no choice. And I don't think he wanted to have a choice, frankly.

Is that episode correct?
As you can see above, I disagree with some of their punctuation. Also, they wrote "we are" instead of "we're" and they missed the possessive apostrophe+s off "Sunak's". Other than that, all the words in the transcript are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back