Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Uzbek
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
What does 'apart from the fact that' mean?
Could you give me some examples by using it?

We could answer but I believe it's up to you to provide us examples. Where did you see it?

We could answer but I believe it's up to you to provide us examples. Where did you see it?
Obviously I've seen this on the internet.

There's no "obviously" about it. You could also have seen it in a book or heard someone using the phrase. The internet isn't yet the only source of knowledge.

I don't know if you meant to be sarcastic but if you did, please don't be. You're getting help from unpaid volunteers here who're doing you a favour.

There's no "obviously" about it. You could also have seen it in a book or heard someone using the phrase. The internet isn't yet the only source of knowledge.

I don't know if you meant to be sarcastic but if you did, please don't be. You're getting help from unpaid volunteers here who're doing you a favour.
I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it(sarcasm). I have searched on the net, but I couldn't find.

What does 'apart from the fact that' mean?
Could you give me some examples by using it?

It's usually used to introduce an additional reason for something.

I'm a fan of Keira Knightley. Apart from the fact that she's good-looking, she's a good actress. (The fact that she's a good actress is another reason I'm a fan, separately (apart) from her looks.)*

I have searched on the net, but I couldn't find IT.
That's surprising. If you search for it in quotes, you'll find various examples. Note that you need "it" after "find".

Or "actor" to be gender neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back