Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Do we use use singular or plural after "any"?

Like "This calim wa filed without making any changes" or "This calim was filed without making any change". Which one is correct?

Use the plural.

Please post a corrected version of post #1.

Do we use use missing word singular or plural after "any"?

Like "This calim wa filed without making any changes" or "This calim was filed without making any change". Which one is correct?

I have underlined every word that needs to be changed. Some are misspelled. Some are simply the wrong word. You omitted a word in the opening question.

We shouldn't have to be making corrections to such careless mistakes after all these years, tufguy. You clearly did not read through your text before posting it and again after posting it while you still had the chance to edit it.:-(

I think you mean claim. Thus you would say:

This claim was filed without making any changes to it.

(Maybe you should turn your spell checker on.)

Do we use use singular or plural after "any"?

Correction.

Do we use use a singular or plural verb after "any"?

Like "This claim was filed without making any changes" or "This claim was filed without making any change". Which one is correct?

I am sorry for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tufguy, you posted five separate posts, with different quotes, all with a variation on "Sorry". That was completely unnecessary. You should have written one post, with no quote, that just said "Sorry, everyone".

I have deleted three of the posts and GoesStation had already deleted another. I have left the final one and removed the quote.

I am sorry for this.
OK. In future, please go over your text (at least once) before submitting it to the forum.
Back to your original question, take out "making".

Correction.

Do we use use a singular or plural verb after "any"?

Like "This claim was filed without making any changes" or "This claim was filed without making any change". Which one is correct?

Please read post #5 and post #9.

OK. In future, please go over your text (at least once) before submitting it to the forum.
Back to your original question, take out "making".

This claim was filed without any changes.

Is this correct? Is using "Making" incorrect?

Please re-post this with your error corrected.

This claim was filed without any changes.

Is this correct? Is using "making" incorrect?

I have underlined every word that needs to be changed. Some are misspelled. Some are simply the wrong word. You omitted a word in the opening question.

You deleted my post. I was about to edit that.

Is using "making" incorrect?
Yes, it is because it suggests that the claim is making the changes.

Consider:
This man was apprehended without offering any resistance.

What you need is:
This claim was filed without any changes being made to it.

It's okay, but I'm not sure what it means.

A claim was filed and it was denied because of some mistake on it. We filed a corrected claim but it denied as well because it was filed without any changes although it was marked as a corrected claim. We made some changes to it and refiled and finally got the payment.

We filed a claim that was denied.

OK. The amended claim should of course have had some changes. Otherwise it's not an amended claim. If you filed the same claim a second time you should not be surprised to get the same result.

Thanks for the clarification.

(The "Reply with Quote" feature is not currently working.)

Last edited by a moderator:
A claim was filed and it was denied because of some mistakes on it. We filed a corrected claim, but it was denied as well because it was filed without any changes although it was marked as a corrected claim. We made some changes to it and refiled and finally got the payment.

Excellent!

You deleted my post. I was about to edit that.

The fact that you posted it at all, and then considered editing it, shows that you have not heeded our advice to read all your posts carefully before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back