Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Is it correct to use the word anxious like this in a sentence?

"I tried out the program anxious"Here its meaning is complicated? anxiously sounds a lot better.

Your structure would suggest that the name of the program is "anxious". I would prefer "I anxiously tried out the program".

I saw this example in a grammar book. Thank you so much!

Always tell us the title and author of any book you quote from, please, suelethe.
The author is Osman Çetin and the book is Özet İngilizce(The summary of English).

Is it correct to use the word "anxious" like this in a sentence?

"I tried out the program anxious." space here Here Is its meaning here is "complicated"? "Anxiously" sounds a lot better.
The author is Osman Çetin and the book is Özet İngilizce space here (The Summary of English).

Note my corrections above. Always mark out the words you are asking us about or exemplifying in some way - you can put them in quotation marks as I have done above, or use bold or italics. Also, put book titles in italics and capitalise each word in the title (except small joiners such as "of" and "and").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back