Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
And the idea is that ...
I have listen to that part more than ten times and I can't understand him. :cry: Could you please help me out? (On 0:20 till 0:29)

(He is teaching computer course)

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0QFqe6iyaX9

Last edited:
I can't listen to the clip at the moment but what does "computer scours" mean?

I can't listen to the clip at the moment but what does "computer scours" mean?
I edited. Sorry. I meant computer course.

After listening carefully with headphones many times I cannot make it out. It sounds like eye-century, the eye-century of the key. Whatever it is, it does not seem to be a standard English word. It could be a unique word defined elsewhere in the code.

"the idea is that something that is in the ith entry of the... the key is in the ith entry of the array"

He says ith (pronounced eye-th), referring to the variable i.

Ah, ith entry, pronounced eyeth. It reminds me of one of Darwin's acquaintances who, on being told of evolution, reportedly said "How stupid of me not to have thought of that."

"the idea is that something that is in the ith entry of the... the key is in the ith entry of the array"

He says ith (pronounced eye-th), referring to the variable i.
Thank you so much. You are amazing. Now I got it. He is talking about an array (a memory location to save elements in starting from 0 till N ) and index "i" refers to where we could put elements in an array.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back