Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
When shearing your opinion regarding this sentence "English is the language for computers" isn't this answer unnatural "I can agree and also not with this statement"? I mean the "also not" part. I think it's better to say "I partly agree with this statement/opinion."

Yes, you could say you partially agree or that you both agree and disagree with something.

When sharing your opinion regarding this sentence "English is the language for computers" isn't this answer unnatural "I can agree and also not with this statement"? I mean the "also not" part. I think it's better to say "I partly agree with this statement/opinion."

The two underlined parts above don't work as part of the longer sentence. I think what you mean is:

I'd be grateful if you'd share your opinion about the following:

Ann: English is the language of computers.
Helen: I can agree and also not with this statement.

Is "and also not" natural in Helen's reply?

It's not natural. Say "I both agree and disagree" or "I only partly agree with that". When you give us this kind of thing to consider, please create a dialogue so that we can see exactly what the different people are saying as part of a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back