[Essay] Analyzing lord of the flies

• Thread starter cn??
  • Start date
  • Views : 4,045
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cn??

is this a good thesis statement? My teacher will be grading it very carefully and i need to make sure its good thesis and has good punctuation.

In this reaserch paper i will analyze 3 different themes in the text, "Lord of the Flies". I will argue how the book relates to christianity, the concept of civilization and savagery, and finally i will give my own interpretation of what i think is the major theme in the text is.

is this a good thesis statement? My teacher will be grading it very carefully and i need to make sure its good thesis and has good punctuation.

In this reaserch paper i will analyze 3 different themes in the text, "Lord of the Flies". I will argue how the book relates to christianity, discuss the concept of civilization and savagery, and [STRIKE]finally i will[/STRIKE] give my own interpretation of what i think is the major theme in the text is.
I assume you'll be using proper capitalisation and spelling in the real thing.
Your final clause is not good. You should state what that theme is.
For example: " ... and [I will] state what I believe is the main theme - the need of people for a strong leader." (Or whatever your main theme is).

:up: Also. it's not clear what you mean by 'thesis statement'. Analysing* anything is neither a thesis nor a statement.

* Note the spelling. If you're writing Br English, this is one of the words where is nothing optional about the S- even for people who use Z spellings where they're optional (as I do).

b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back