Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Would you please tell me if this letter sounds natural or not?

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am interested in taking the ... Course with you.
The problem is that I have to get back to work as soon as I finish the classes.

Would you please let me know if I have to be in Germany more than a day prior to the time the course starts.
And do we (students) have to be there to get the certificate in person after the course finishes?

Kind regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
One problem is that your first sentence after getting back to work after the course finishes is about not missing time from work before the course starts. How about something like Due to work commitments, my time is limited, so I was wondering whether I had to be in Germany more than a day before the start of the course and whether I had to get the certificate in person after the course ends.

Last edited:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am interested in taking [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] your ABCD course. [STRIKE]with you.[/STRIKE]

The problem is that I have to get back to work immediately after the last day of the course. [STRIKE]as soon as I finish the classes.[/STRIKE]

Therefore, I'd like to know if we (students) have to be there to get the certificate in person after the course finishes.

Would you also please let me know if I have to be in Germany [STRIKE]more than a day[/STRIKE] prior to the [STRIKE]time the[/STRIKE] course's actual start date?

[STRIKE]And do we (students) have to be there to get the certificate in person after the course finishes?[/STRIKE]

Kind regards,

I presume Tdol meant to write "is" instead.

Your presumption is correct- late night posting that spell checks miss....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back