Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Dear Math Department:

Due to the current pandemic, some universities have waived off GRE requirements for some of the graduate programs they offer, so I am wondering if the GRE requirement will be waived for applicants to the Master of Math program.

Best Regards,
XXXXX

Does it sound professional and polite?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[STRIKE]Dear[/STRIKE] FAO: Math Department:

Due to the current pandemic, some universities have waived [STRIKE]off[/STRIKE] the GRE requirements for some of the graduate programs they offer, so I am wondering if the GRE requirement will be waived for applicants to the Master of Math program.

Best regards,
XXXXX

Does it sound professional and polite?
[STRIKE]Thanks.[/STRIKE] Unnecessary. Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

Please note my corrections above. We don't tend to use "Dear" before anything except someone's name. "FAO" means "For the attention of".

It is usually "applicants for (not to) a program". I have only heard of Master of Science (major in Maths), not a degree called Master of Math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back