Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello, everyone. I want to sound informal. Thanks.

As technology develops, Amazon now has robots and other cutting-edge warehousing/warehouse infrastructure that allow them to deliver on just two days.

How informal/casual do you want to sound? If I was explaining this concept to a friend, using informal everyday language, I'd say:

Can you believe how much tech has moved on? Amazon's got systems that means they can do two-day delivery!

It should be noted that two-day delivery is pretty slow for Amazon. People with Amazon Prime can get same-day delivery on some products. One-day delivery is standard for Prime customers for Prime products.

Thanks, emsr2d2. I just don't want to sound too formal, because this is for a speaking test.

Does what I wrote in #1 have any errors? Is 'deliver on just two days' correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, everyone. Can I say 'much infrastructure'?

Amazon now has robots and much other cutting-edge warehousing/warehouse infrastructure that allow them to deliver within just two days.

Amazon now has robots and [STRIKE]much[/STRIKE]
plenty of other cutting-edge warehousing [STRIKE]/warehouse infrastructure[/STRIKE] technologies that allow them to deliver within just two days, or even quicker sometimes.
Try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back