Alisa will meet with Anna in Paris today or Alisa to meet with Anna in Paris today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexAlex

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hi!
I am study English, and I have few questions:

how to write correctly?

1) Alisa will meet with Anna in Paris today or Alisa to meet with Anna in Paris today?

2) I am study English or I am learning English?

And why?

Thanks!

Hi!
I am studying English, and I have few questions:

How to should I write the following? correctly?

1a) Alisa will meet with Anna in Paris today. or
1b) Alisa is to meet with Anna in Paris today.

2a) I am studying English. or
2b)
I am learning English.

And Why?

Thanks! Unnecessary. Thanks us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button, found by hovering over the "Like" button.
1a is correct.
1b is correct with the addition of "is" as shown above. "is to" is another way of saying "will" but it's not as common or natural.
2a is correct if you use "studying" as shown above.
2b is correct.

It's interesting that you correctly used the present continuous (-ing) in 2b but not in 2a.

Note my corrections to your opening sentence. We don't start questions with "How to".

We study something in the hope that we will learn it.

Last edited:
1a is correct.
1b is correct with the addition of "is" as shown above. "is to" is another way of saying "will" but it's not as common or natural.
2a is correct if you use "studying" as shown above.
2b is correct.

It's interesting that you correctly used the present continuous (-ing) in 2b but not in 2a.

Note my corrections to your opening sentence. We don't start questions with "How to".
Thanks!

I try to learn English, sometimes I watch soap operas in English, and I have 1 question, in soap operas, said:

"He has spoken about you", but when I trying translate in online translator I get result: "he was talking about you",

Which the right option?

If I have mistakes, please correct me.

Thanks!

I am trying to learn English; sometimes I watch soap operas in English, and I have 1 a question. In a soap operas opera, said I heard someone say no colon here "He has spoken about you", but when I trying translate in put that into an online translator, I get result: "He was talking about you".

Which is the right option?

If I have made any mistakes, please correct me them.
Both "He has spoken about you" and "He was talking about you" are grammatically correct, and they are natural in the right context. If a character in a soap opera, in English, said "He has spoken about you", that was probably appropriate for the context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back