Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
How can i know this adverb or conjunction (yet) what is the differences between them ?

:roll:
036.074 Yet they take (for worship) gods other than God, (hoping) that they might be helped!

036.077 Doth not man see that it is We Who created him from sperm? yet behold! he (stands forth) as an open adversary!

036.049 They will not (have to) wait for aught but a single Blast: it will seize them while they are yet disputing among themselves!

This is the third thread you have started today on conjunctions/adverbs.

Might I venture to suggest that it is more useful to be able to use the words than to label them?

There is also the point that your quotations are from a religious source. The language from such sources as the Bible, the Qur'an, the Torah, etc does not reflect modern usage.

This is the third thread you have started today on conjunctions/adverbs.

Might I venture to suggest that it is more useful to be able to use the words than to label them?

There is also the point that your quotations are from a religious source. The language from such sources as the Bible, the Qur'an, the Torah, etc does not reflect modern usage.

sorry you can answer my question i am using Quarn and my study is to discover the types of conjunction in Surah YaSin Quranic text . i really need help in this case thank you very much. this is my e-mail i explain to you more if you do nt mind. i am new mambers

yaser_27_ah@yahoo.com

How can i know this adverb or conjunction (yet) what is the differences between them ?

:roll:
036.074 Yet they take (for worship) gods other than God, (hoping) that they might be helped!

036.077 Doth not man see that it is We Who created him from sperm? yet behold! he (stands forth) as an open adversary!

036.049 They will not (have to) wait for aught but a single Blast: it will seize them while they are yet disputing among themselves!

1- We can talk about adverbs and conjunctions when we are dealing with sentences. Quran's Ayes are not complete sentences sometimes.
2- For your first Aye you should also write the previous Aye so we can think about "yet" later.But I guess it is a conjunction.
3- "yet" is conjunction in Aye 036.077
4- "yet" is adverb in Aye 036.049
5- I am not quite sure about what I said in 3 and 4.
6- take a look at this page:

Yet - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

7- Just take a look at the original text. When it comes to "laaken" or similar words it is probably conjunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back