Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"The last time I saw eye flu was in the year 1995 but I saw it this year as well. It came back with advancement, this virus has advanced. The people who got infected by it had it for few weeks despite of taking medicines. It healed only after two or three weeks or it even took a month to heal.

Please check.

I don't work in the field of medicine but I have never heard of "eye flu".

Ah. Conjunctivitis. Now I understand!

Last edited by a moderator:
"The last time I saw eye flu was in [STRIKE]the year[/STRIKE] 1995 but [STRIKE]I saw[/STRIKE] it reappeared this year. [STRIKE]as well.[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]It came back with advancement,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] The virus [STRIKE]has advanced.[/STRIKE] is now more virulent and the people who [STRIKE]got infected by[/STRIKE] suffer from it [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] have it for few weeks despite [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] taking medicines. [STRIKE]It healed only after two or three weeks or[/STRIKE] Sometimes, it even [STRIKE]took[/STRIKE] takes a month to heal.

Please check.

See above.

The last time I saw eye flu..

Can you say you see a disease? I think you can see an outbreak of a disease.

Can you say you see a disease?
Yes, you can. In this case it means 'encounter'.
I never heard of the term "eye flu" in my medical career either.

Yes, you can. In this case it means 'encounter'.
I never heard of the term "eye flu" in my medical career either.

Again an Indian term I also didn't know this, that natives don't use this word (eye flu) like these words :-loose motion, bullet, passed out, eve teasing.

Last edited:
It's not true. Native speakers always use "pass out" and "bullet".

We also use 'loose motion'.

In BrE, most adults refer to it as conjunctivitis. However, they might call it "pink eye" when they're talking to a child.

It's not true. Native speakers always use "pass out" and "bullet".

Passed out is used frequently (not all but most of the people) to say that someone has completed the school or graduated from university like he passed out of school in the year 1998. Bullets for ammonation and there is an Indian bike by the name "bullet".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back