Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
By the phrase "conservation organizations and scientists frequently downplay or ignore the ethical implications of actions they promote that harm individual animals, from culling and sport hunting", it tells us that scientists promote sport hunting. Is it what it means?

It reminds me of news stories about sport hunters hunted rare animals, which is disgusting. Does it remind you the same way?
=====================

Leading conservationists have emphasized that conservation's priority is the protection of species and populations, not the welfare of individual nonhuman animals (hereafter “animals”) (1–3). Although individual conservationists often harbor concern for animal welfare, conservation organizations and scientists frequently downplay or ignore the ethical implications of actions they promote that harm individual animals, from culling and sport hunting to the discontinuation of wildlife rescue from oil spills (3–5). A growing body of scientific evidence should prompt conservation organizations to reconsider their inattention to animal welfare.

Source: Science 07 Aug 2020
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/369/6504/629

Yes and yes.

Last edited:
[STRIKE]By[/STRIKE] Does the phrase "conservation organizations and scientists frequently downplay or ignore the ethical implications of actions they promote that harm individual animals, from culling and sport hunting" no comma here [STRIKE]it tells[/STRIKE] tell us that scientists promote sport hunting? Is [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that what it means?

It reminds me of news stories about sport hunters who [STRIKE]hunted[/STRIKE] hunt rare animals, which is disgusting. Does it remind you of the same [STRIKE]way[/STRIKE] thing?

Note my corrections above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back