Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
TBH,I dont know why we should learn English. Even though it's a free country,why should we learn English,and why do we need to take tests or things related to esl? No offense though,but my old school & new school sometimes don't worry about esl students,they basically act them like normal students.I know this isn't going to be long,but why do we need to go into the esl program? Recently,I got a paper saying about esl,and they recommended that I should leave the esl program.Why? Well maybe I'm really fluent and really good at English,or something else.

[STRIKE]TBH[/STRIKE] To be honest, I don't know why we should learn English.

Even though it's a free country, why should we learn English (no comma needed here) and why do we need to take tests or other things related to [STRIKE]esl[/STRIKE] ESL? (What does it being a free country have to do with anything?)

No offense [STRIKE]though[/STRIKE] intended but my old school [STRIKE]&[/STRIKE] and my new school sometimes don't worry about [STRIKE]esl[/STRIKE] ESL students - they basically [STRIKE]act[/STRIKE] treat them like normal students.

I
know this isn't going to be long, (I don' understand the underlined part) but why do we need to go into the [STRIKE]esl[/STRIKE] ESL program?

Recently, I got a paper (what sort of paper - a newspaper, a scholarly article, or do you mean a letter?) [STRIKE]saying[/STRIKE] about [STRIKE]esl[/STRIKE] ESL, and they recommended that I [strike]should[/strike] leave the [STRIKE]esl[/STRIKE] ESL program.

W
hy? Well, maybe I'm really fluent and really good at English (no comma needed here) or something else.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please see my corrections and queries above. I'm not really sure what you were asking us - there was no question included in your post so I assumed you just wanted to give us your opinion about the ESL program at your school, and have it corrected. I spread your sentences over separate lines to make it easier to read.

You must remember to put a space after every full stop, comma, question mark and exclamation mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back