Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
It is my short answer why it is important for children to study art. I tried to correct them myself. Do you agree with my corrections?
1.I think it is important to teach art to kids. Art can show some children's ability for painting, singing or playing any musical instruments.
The corrected version: "I think it is important to teach art to kids. Art can show a child's ability for of painting, singing or playing a musical instrument."

2. "Children can develop and improve their talents. If children don't have any artistic talents, they can spend this their time on other subjects which will be more useful. It is important to increase their common basic knowledge."

I left "develop and improve their talents." I think it is correct.

Try:

Here are the originals and the revisions.

I think "aptitude" would be better than "ability" there

Try:

Here are the originals and the revisions.

I think "aptitude" would be better than "ability" there

Do you mean I can say the following?"I think it is important to teach art to kids. Art can show a child's aptititude for painting, singing or playing a musical instrument."

Is the rest correct and my corrections right?

Do you mean I can say the following?"I think it is important to teach art to kids. Art CLASS can show a child's APTITUDE for painting, singing or playing a musical instrument."

Is the rest correct and my corrections right?
I'll look at the OP again.

☕

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back