Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
recent research suggests that the majority of criminals who are sent to prison commit crimes after they are released. why is this the case? what can be done to solve this problem?

A vast number of ex-offenders, once they are released from prison, continue to break the law, knowing the potential consequences. This, probably, stems from being unemployed and the criminal atmosphere in prison. Re-entry programs and other kinds of punishments are viable tactics to tackle the issue.

The most apparent reason why ex-criminals are likely to re-offend is frustration with not being able to find a job. Not having stable job history along with a lack of education or vocational training, they, oftentimes, cannot meet the requirements. Thus, they might well face economic problems which lead them to re-offend for the purpose of making living. In addition, the criminal justice system does not consider the merits of a case, sentencing felons. While most of them are in need of rehabilitation instead of putting in jail, where they will be surrounded by other criminals. For this reason, they are exposed to a criminal environment which ultimately motivates them to recidivism.

In a bit to counter this, there ought to be re-entry classes in which criminals can learn skills that they are in need of. For instance, if they gain interview skills, they have much more opportunities to get a job and subsequently earn money. Therefore, as they may not have economic problems anymore, they are less likely to relapse into previous behavior. There, moreover, had better be substitutions for imprisonment. For example, judges can sentence offenders to do community service. This not only gives them the opportunity to learn social skills in order to come back to society far more conveniently but also, sometimes, rectify crime consequences.

All in all, although criminals deal with unemployment and criminal surrounding, it seems that they can be prevented from re-offend if these problems are settled down through programs in which they gain social skills as well as finding a substitution for imprisonment.

recent research suggests that the majority of criminals who are sent to prison commit crimes after they are released. why is this the case? what can be done to solve this problem?

I don't have time to look at your piece right now but please tell us if the original prompt really used a lower-case letter at the start of those three paragraphs. Also, please tell us where you found the prompt.

Our esteemed moderator (emsr2d2) continues to amaze me. I took one look at that and decided I didn't want to read the whole thing.

This is a topic that has been discussed before ad nauseum.

I have my own opinion on the subject, but it wouldn't take me that long to express it, and nobody has asked me for my opinion.

I think you could post one paragraph at a time and ask for comments on that.

Is this a homework assignment?

I don't have time to look at your piece right now but please tell us if the original prompt really used a lower-case letter at the start of those three paragraphs. Also, please tell us where you found the prompt.
I have not found it, I wrote it by myself

Our esteemed moderator (emsr2d2) continues to amaze me. I took one look at that and decided I didn't want to read the whole thing.

This is a topic that has been discussed before ad nauseum.

I have my own opinion on the subject, but it wouldn't take me that long to express it, and nobody has asked me for my opinion.

I think you could post one paragraph at a time and ask for comments on that.

Is this a homework assignment?
No, it's not
actually, I'm preparing for the IELTS exam, and this is an essay which I have written by myself and I need someone to give me a feedback

I have did not found find it. I wrote it by myself.
OK, in that case I'm directing my question at you. Why didn't you use capital letters at the start of each sentence of the title of the piece?
No, it's not.
A
ctually, I'm preparing for the IELTS exam, and this is an essay which I have written by myself and I need someone to give me a feedback.

If you are taking the IELTS exam, you should know that we start every sentence with a capital letter and end every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.

OK, in that case I'm directing my question at you. Why didn't you use capital letters at the start of each sentence of the title of the piece?

If you are taking the IELTS exam, you should know that we start every sentence with a capital letter and end every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
the reason that I do not use capital letters is that I have always been writing on paper and I use capital letters in the correct way. it is difficult for me to be careful about them when I'm typing, however, I will try to do it.

Recent research suggests that the majority of criminals who are sent to prison commit crimes after they are released. Why is this the case? What can be done to solve this problem?

A vast large number of ex-offenders, once they are released from prison, continue to break the law, knowing even though they are aware of the potential consequences. This no comma here probably no comma here stems from being unemployed and the criminal atmosphere in prison. Re-entry programs and other kinds of punishments are viable useful tactics ways to tackle the issue.

Comments: "Re-entry programs" aren't a kind of punishment so following it with "other kinds of punishments" doesn't work.

The most apparent obvious reason why that ex-criminals are likely to re-offend is frustration with not being able to find a job. Not having a stable job history along with a lack of education or vocational training, they no comma here oftentimes often no comma here cannot meet the requirements. Thus Consequently, they might well face economic problems which lead them to re-offend. for the purpose of making living. In addition, the criminal justice system does not consider the merits of a case when sentencing felons. While Most of them are in need of rehabilitation instead of putting in jail, where they will be surrounded by other criminals. For this reason, they are and exposed to a criminal environment which that ultimately motivates them to recidivism.

Comments:
They cannot meet the requirements of what?
Offending isn't "making a living".

In a bit bid to counter this, I believe that there ought to should be re-entry classes in which criminals can learn skills that they are in need in order to re-enter society. of. For instance, if they gain good interview skills, they will have much many more opportunities to get a job and subsequently earn money. Therefore, as If they may not don't have economic problems anymore, they are less likely to relapse into their previous behavior. There , moreover, had are better be substitutions for alternatives to imprisonment. For example, judges can sentence offenders to do community service. This not only gives them the opportunity to learn social skills in order to come back to re-enter society far more conveniently but also, sometimes, rectify can act as recompense for their crimes. consequences.

All in all, although some criminals deal with suffer from the effects of unemployment and criminal surroundings, it seems to me that they can be prevented from re-offending if these problems are settled down through programs in which they gain social skills as well as finding a substitution for imprisonment. can be solved.

Comments: What are "criminal surroundings"?

Please note my corrections and comments above.

The reason that I do not use capital letters is that I have always been writing on paper and I use capital letters in the correct way. I find it is difficult for me to be careful about remember to use them when I'm typing. Until now, I have always written on paper. However, I will try to do it.

That explanation doesn't make any sense. If you use capital letters correctly when you're writing on paper, it should be easy to remember that you have to use them when you're typing.

Please note my corrections and comments above.
Thank you for your feedback. It's hard for me to show you how much your work is important for me, but I want you to know that it is a huge help for me.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I will certainly consider your comments and corrections when I write another piece of writing and try to avoid repeating them.

Are re-entry programs punishments? They strike me as attempts at rehabilitation.

Are re-entry programs punishments? They strike me as attempts at rehabilitation.
I have not known yet that re-entry programs are not kinds of punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back