Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=&#48148]I’ve played drums since (I was) a freshman in university.,,,,[/FONT]
[FONT=&#48148]But after military service, we studied hard to graduate, so I didn’t have enough time to play music. I bought electronic drums after I got a job, but it was hard to get together to play music. Now I play drums as a hobby. I live in condo, so playing drums is a little hard because of the noise. I want to get a small vacation house in a suburban area for gardening and playing drums.

Please let me know if the underlined is correct.[/FONT]

I want to get a small vacation house (do you mean to use it as a weekend house?)in a suburban area where I can pursue my interest in gardening and playing drums.

Yes, as a weekend house. Does "vacation house" exist in English?

I want to get a small vacation house (do you mean to use it as a weekend house?)in a suburban area where I can pursue my interest in gardening and playing drums.

Say;

I've played drums since I was a freshman in college. (In British English; at university.)

Forget about the extra punctuation.

And:

[FONT=&#48148]I’ve played drums since (I was) a freshman in university.,,,,[/FONT]
[FONT=&#48148]But after military service, we studied hard to graduate, so I didn’t have enough time to play music. I bought electronic drums after I got a job, but it was hard to get together to play music. Now I play drums as a hobby. I live in condo, so playing drums is a little hard because of the noise. I want to get a small vacation house in a suburban area for gardening and playing drums.

Please let me know if the underlined is correct.[/FONT]

The last sentence is fine. It's the rest of them that need work.

(Post #3 is wrong.)

The last sentence is fine. It's the rest of them that need work.

(Post #3 is wrong.)

For "vacation house", I found these in a dictionary. https://en.dict.naver.com/#/search?query=별장
[FONT=&quot]villa,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]vacation[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]home,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (in summer time) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]summer[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]house

[/FONT]
I'm finding a word that means a place that I own where we can stay for a vacation. I've heard "cottage" more, but which one is more popular?

I want to get a small vacation house in a suburban area for gardening and playing drums.

For "vacation house", I found these in a dictionary. https://en.dict.naver.com/#/search?query=별장
[FONT=&quot]villa,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]vacation[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]home,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (in summer time) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]summer[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]house

[/FONT]
I'm looking for a word that means a place that I own where we can stay for a vacation. I've heard "cottage" more, but which one is more popular?

I want to get a small vacation house in a suburban area for gardening and playing drums.

"Vacation house" is fine. You need to look no further. (If it's your place you can call it whatever you want. ;-) )

Perhaps:

I had to study hard so I could graduate, so I didn't have much time to practice.

Perhaps:

I bought electronic drums after I got a job, but it was hard to find the time to practice.

And:

I live in a condo, so playing the drums is problematic.

Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back