Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
There are a series of questions to be answered with a "yes" or "no" about the Cinderella fairy tale.

Which is the correct answer to question 3:
  1. Did a beautiful girl go to a king's ball where she met a prince?
  2. Did the girl have a stepsister?
  3. Did a prince come to Cinderella's house to see her?

Welcome to the forum, @Lily of a valley.

I'm surprised you can't work out the answer. Have you read/seen Cinderella? If so, the answer is very simple.

Welcome to the forum, @Lily of a valley.

I'm surprised you can't work out the answer. Have you read/seen Cinderella? If so, the answer is very simple.
Can you answer or at least rephrase the third question please?

@Lily of a valley If you know the story at all you know the answers to those questions.

Shall I conclude that you either don't know the story or are unable to answer the question?
On the contrary. We all know the story and we know the answer to the question. However, we don't just hand out answers here, especially when it looks like you're trying to get us to do your homework.

Where did you find this set of questions?
Who has asked you to answer them?

Can you ... rephrase the third question please?
Is the problem here that you don't understand question 3? If that's the case, you should have started by asking us to to rephrase or explain the question.

On the contrary. We all know the story and we know the answer to the question. However, we don't just hand out answers here, especially when it looks like you're trying to get us to do your homework.

I know the answers to your questions, However, if I understand you correctly, people on this forum are not supposed to answer questions, are they?

I know the answers to your questions, However, if I understand you correctly, people on this forum are not supposed to answer questions, are they?

When a moderator asks you

you must answer them if you want answers to your questions.

The issue, Lily of a valley, is also that we don't understand your question. How is it that you don't know the story of Cinderella? Or is that you're asking a question about the use of English?

If you make your question clear, you'll get an answer, as long as you first answer the two questions in post #7.

OK, how do I become a moderator so that I could have my questions answered?

It is pretty easy to become a moderator here @Lily of a valley. Just answer a few hundred questions from other members helpfully and correctly for a few years and you'll probably get in.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tarheel: What's your name?
Lily: I understand your question.
Tarheel: I'm sure you do. However, that's not what I wanted to know.
Lily: Do you want to know my name?
Tarheel: Well, yes. That's the point of the question.

This feels like an episode of "The Twilight Zone".
🙄

How is this relevant to answering the original question?

See post number 4 above @Fair Deal. There are some questions that, as a matter of policy, we choose not to answer. Questions that we suspect are homework fall under that rule. If @Lily of a valley replies and explains why she is asking the question and convinces us it's not homework, one of our teachers will probably answer it.

explains why she is asking the question and convinces us it's not homework
There is no way anyone would ever be able to convince me that whatever questions he is asking is not actually his "homework".
Similarly, there is no way anyone would ever be able to persuade me to believe the reason he is asking a particular question is not because the CCP's secret service ordered him to do so.
I agree that we are living in a very uncertain and dangerous world.

@Fair Deal I have removed the irrelevant and potentially controversial/inflammatory statements from your post. You're new here so we're giving you a little leeway for now. However, if you want to try to respond to other learners' questions, make sure that your responses actually include some attempt to answer the question.
As you now know, the rules of the forum preclude users from asking for help with homework or assignments. Until we are satisfied that's not what's happening here, we won't answer the question. This commonly happens on the forum. Once you've been a member here for a bit longer, you'll understand the rules better.

Also, FairDeal, please read this extract from the forum rules:
You are welcome to answer questions posted in the Ask a Teacher forum as long as your suggestions, help, and advice reflect a good understanding of the English language. If you are not a teacher, you will need to state that clearly in your posts.

@Lily of a valley I would say she (Cinderella) had more than one stepsister. What do you think?

How did she get the name "Cinderella"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back