[General] A paragraph about my teacher (69words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi. I wrote a sentence about my teacher of English at college.

One of my teachers of English who I learned from at college liked English very much. He more often than not practiced his spoken English in crowds and in public by pretending to make phones to others because he wanted to conquer his fear in heart of speaking when people were around. He said he was feeling scared to speak when there are people, but by keeping exposing himself among people, he finally made it.

Please help me with the above paragraph.

P.S.: The same one was asked on WR but I need it from BE perspective, so please help me.

Apart from the spelling [STRIKE]t[/STRIKE]of the verb practise with an s, in BrE, the response you received in the other place is fine for BrE.

Sorry to correct your typos, Piscean.

Hi. I wrote a sentence about my teacher of English at college.

One of my teachers of English who I learned from at college liked English very much. He more often than not practiced his spoken English in crowds and in public by pretending to make phone calls to others because he wanted to conquer his fear of speaking in public. He said he was scared to speak in public, but by forcing himself to do it he finally got over it.

Please help me with the above paragraph.

P.S.: The same one was asked on WR but I need it from a BE perspective, so please help me.

Two things. One, you can say English teacher instead of teacher of English. Two, you don't need to say he was calling somebody else. (People will take that for granted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back