[General] A paragraph about apolggy (58 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi.

I blacklisted (deleted) a friend a few weeks ago but I think I was wrong so I apologized to her in person tonight (I know she would attend a local English club). I said the following to her:

I apologized for the stupid things I'd done to you; I really didn't mean it. I'd been thinking about saying sorry to you for a long time but I didn't dare to face you. Tonight I braved myself to come here and apologized to you because I didn't want to avoid it anymore. Let's kiss and make up.

I hope you don't delete any sentences from my paragraph because that was all I wanted to say to her. Please help me with it. I think the last sentence is okay for children. Is it okay for adults? Also, she's a woman, not my girlfriend. Is it okay to say it?

Hi.

I'd blacklisted (deleted) a friend from my Facebook contacts a few weeks ago, but I [STRIKE]think[/STRIKE] felt I was wrong, so I apologized to her in person tonight (I knew she would attend a local English club). I said the following to her:

I apologize for [STRIKE]the stupid things I'd done to you;[/STRIKE] my hasty and silly action. I really didn't mean it. [STRIKE]I'd[/STRIKE] I've been thinking about saying sorry to you for a long time, but I didn't dare to face you. Tonight, I [STRIKE]braved myself[/STRIKE] plucked up the courage to come here and apologize to you because I didn't want to [STRIKE]avoid[/STRIKE] evade it anymore. Let's kiss and make up.

I hope you don't delete any sentences from my paragraph because that was all I wanted to say to her. Please help me with it. I think the last sentence is okay for children. Is it okay for adults? Also, she's a woman, not my girlfriend. Is it okay to say it?
The last sentence can between people who have a close personal relationship, but it's not suitable in that situation and may be misconstrued. I would say "Let's put it behind us and be friends again".

Should there be an "apostrophe d" after "I" at the beginning?

I think it's warranted.

Should there be an "apostrophe d" after "I" at the beginning?

Do you mean that Silverobama should have said "I'd apologise for ..."? If so, then the answer is no. That would only work if Silver was about to not apologise!

"I'd apologise for what I did but, honestly, I don't think it was a big deal and you should get over it."

I thought tedmc was talking about "I'd blacklisted", but now I know he wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back