[General] A month ago I weighed myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi.

Today I met my friend Claire. She hasn't seen me for a while. She said I lost weight and I said yes because I went to a gym almost every day. However, there's also one thing quite funny I told her:

A month ago I weighed myself on the scale, it said 73kg. Now, I'm still 73kg.

Is my italic sentence natural?

Hi.

Today, I met my friend Claire. [STRIKE]She hasn't seen me[/STRIKE] We hadn't seen each other for a while. She [STRIKE]said I[/STRIKE] asked me if I have lost weight. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]said yes[/STRIKE] told her that I have and that it's because [STRIKE]I went[/STRIKE] I've been going to the gym almost every day. However, [STRIKE]there's also one thing quite funny[/STRIKE] I told her something funny:

A month ago, I weighed myself [STRIKE]on the scale,[/STRIKE] and it said 73kg. [STRIKE]Now[/STRIKE] Today, I'm still 73kg.

Is my italic sentence natural?

See above. You will note from my multiple corrections to your longer sentences that indirect speech is quite tricky to master.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back