Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me make the conversation below sound natural as some kind of interview for a TV show or newspaper.

T: Since you mentioned that there are no big mountains to climb in Denmark, where would you most likely go mountain-climbing or hiking?

D: Usually we go to the neighboring Nordic countries of Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, where there are large sparsely populated areas suitable for wilderness backpacking and multiple day lodge-to-lodge hiking. There are also areas for day hikes near most towns and villages.

T: Although I’ve never been to the Nordic countries, I have been looking forward to traveling there. What are the best sights and attractions to visit in the Nordic countries?

D: Nordic countries have some of the most majestic natural landscape on Earth, offering everything from rugged adventures in Arctic wilderness to royal palaces and world-class culinary experiences in centuries-old cities. When you think about the best Nordic countries to visit in the northern part of Europe, Denmark usually comes to mind. Our country looks small but packs a big punch in cuisine, culture and design.

T: Since you mentioned that there are no big mountains to climb in Denmark, where would you most likely go mountain-climbing or hiking?

D: Usually, we go to the neighboring Nordic countries of Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, where there are large sparsely populated areas suitable for wilderness backpacking and [STRIKE]multiple[/STRIKE] multi-day* lodge-to-lodge hiking. There are also areas for day hikes near most towns and villages.

T: Although I’ve never been to the Nordic countries, I would love to [STRIKE]have been looking forward to traveling[/STRIKE] go there one/some day. What are the best sights and attractions to see there? [STRIKE]visit in the Nordic countries?[/STRIKE]

D: Nordic countries have some of the most majestic natural landscape on Earth, offering everything from rugged adventures in Arctic wilderness to royal palaces and world-class culinary experiences in centuries-old cities. When you think of [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] the best Nordic countries to visit in the northern part of Europe, Denmark usually comes to mind. Our country looks small but packs a big punch [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] when it comes to cuisine, culture and modern designs.
* I pointed that mistake out to you a couple of days ago. My memory is not that hot; I thought yours might be better! :-?

Also, consider using "Scandinavia" instead of "(the) Nordic countries" in your text.
https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/251075-exchange-of-civilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back