Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Is the underlined of 1 correct? Or does it have to be 2?

1.This cell-phone case with 3mm thicker makes flexible protection of the cell-phone.

2.This cell-phone case with 3mm higher thickness than before makes flexible protection of the cell-phone.

Thicker doesn't usually mean "flexible."

Try "This cell phone case is 3mm thicker than before, while still providing flexible protection."

Thicker doesn't usually mean "flexible."

Try "This cell phone case is 3mm thicker than before, while still providing flexible protection."

Thanks. But this should be a phrase, so my created one is like this.

Extra 3mm thickness provides flexible protection.

- I used "extra" as only the edges are 3mm thicker to prevent any damage even if the phone falls down on the ground.

What do you mean by "flexible protection?

My shot:
The 3mm thicker and more flexible cellphone case provides better protection for the cellphone.

What do you mean by "flexible protection?

My shot:
The 3mm thicker and more flexible cellphone case provides better protection for the cellphone.

Thanks. It means that the case is more flexible due to 3mm thicker edges, protecting the cellphone from damage better than the ones with no thicker edges. Maybe 2 is better as a phrase.

1. Extra 3mm thickness provides flexible protection.
2. 3mm thicker flexible edges provide better protection.

Last edited:
Yes, 2 is better. The edges are flexible. The protection isn't flexible.

The protection is good/satisfactory/sound/weak/no good.
The flexible edges make the protection good.

Thanks. It means that the case is more flexible due to 3mm thicker edges, protecting the cellphone from damage better than those with thinner edges. Maybe 2 is better as a phrase.

1. Extra 3mm thickness provides flexible protection.
2. 3mm thicker flexible edges provide better protection.

:)

Better protection is better than flexible protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back