Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
two couple are getting divorce and describing their situation for their colleagues ,wanting them to take sides.someone just make a irrelevant remark and then the husband say :" it is such a raw time". what does raw time mean here in this context and which sense of its meaning is that?

Two couples are getting divorced and describing their situation [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to their colleagues, wanting them to take sides. Someone just makes an irrelevant remark and then the husband says no colon here "It is such a raw time". What does "raw time" mean [STRIKE]here[/STRIKE] in this context? [STRIKE]and which sense of its meaning is that?[/STRIKE]

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

First, please note my corrections above. It's important to follow these rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Do not put a space after opening quotation marks.
- Do not put a space before closing quotation marks.

Are you aware that "Two couples" is four people? I think you meant "A couple is getting divorced".

In "raw time", in this context, "time" refers to "this period of time of my life". Can you find a definition of "raw" that would make sense now you know that?

rezaaa, to find definitions of 'raw', click here and bookmark the site for future reference.

I think the OP means either a couple or two people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back