Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is the following right? For example, do I have to put "would" in front of "negatively?

Jackson et al.’s research hypothesis was that
higher levels of socio-cultural adjustment would 1) postiively correlate with self-esteem and psychological adjustment and 2) negatively correlate with anxiety/somatic symptoms.

Is the following right? For example, do I have to put "would" in front of "negatively"? Do I have to put "to" in front of "experience"? Thanks.

Jackson et al.’s research hypothesis was that higher levels of socio-cultural adjustment would positively correlate with self-esteem and psychological adjustment and would negatively correlate with anxiety/somatic symptoms.

However, the key recommendations from the most recent scholarly research are that foreigners living abroad are likely to have low self-esteem, high anxiety and somatic symtoms, and low life satisfaction/wellbeing and to experience low levels of sociocultural adaptation

Last edited:
Is the following right, then?

Jackson et al.’s research hypothesis was that
higher levels of socio-cultural adjustment would positively correlate with self-esteem and psychological adjustment and would negatively correlate with anxiety/somatic symptoms.

Duly merged. Eunkum, please don't start two threads on the same topic using the same quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back